No-Bake Cranberry Granola Cookies
Mix granola, cranberries and pistachio nuts together for this portable 170 calorie stovetop treat.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total: 50 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 170
- 1 bag (11 oz) Nature Valley™ oats & dark chocolate protein granola
- 1 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix granola, cranberries and pistachio nuts.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup over granola mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Drop mixture by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto waxed paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Substitute walnuts or cashews for the pistachio nuts, if you like. Bits of any dried fruit can be substituted for the dried cranberries.
- Dress up these no-bake treats with a drizzle of melted white baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips.
1 Cookie Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 55mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2