Cake Mix Granola Cookies
These fluffy peanut butter chip-drizzled cookies only require six ingredients, making them a quick and simple on-the-go treat.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 Nature Valley™ sweet & salty peanut granola bars (from 7.4-oz box), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips or white vanilla baking chips (from 10- or 12-oz bag)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in chopped granola bars. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop mixture by tablespoonfuls.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light golden brown around edges. Let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter chips and shortening uncovered on High 15 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 to 25 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Spoon into small food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle mixture over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until drizzle is set. Store in airtight container.
- If you like the flavor combination of peanuts and chocolate, substitute chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips.
- Use your favorite flavor of Nature Valley® sweet & salty granola bars for these cookies.
1 Cookie Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%;
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1