No-Bake Chocolate-Peanut Butter Candy Bars
The best bars are the ones you don’t have to stay inside baking. Spend your time outside where you belong with these indulgent candy bars.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total: 45 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 200
- 24 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips (1 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 4 Nature Valley™ peanut butter crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box), crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with foil, leaving foil hanging over 2 opposite sides of pan. In food processor bowl with metal blade, place cookies. Cover; process until cookies are finely chopped.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook marshmallows and butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Stir in chopped cookies and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips until well mixed. Press in bottom of baking dish.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave milk and peanut butter chips uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir; microwave 30 to 60 seconds longer, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in peanuts and crushed granola bars. Spread over chocolate layer. If peanut butter mixture starts to set, microwave uncovered on High 15 to 30 seconds or until warm and spreadable.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and the oil uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate diagonally over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. To cut bars, remove from pan, using foil to lift. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in cool place.
- Your favorite cocktail peanuts or dry-roasted peanuts can be substituted for the honey-roasted peanuts.
- To easily crush granola bars, leave them in the pouches. Gently pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to break them up. You can also crush the cookies with a rolling pin, if you prefer. Just crumble them into a large food-storage plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin.
- Instead of using cooking spray to spray the foil, try using nonstick foil.
1 Bar Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5
Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.