Monster Cookie Granola Bites
Cookies and granola belong together. Pack a mid-day protein bite for your family with these tiny sweet and salty snacks.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
servings: 12 - 18
Calories per Serving: 270
- 1 bag (11 oz) Nature Valley™ Protein oats 'n dark chocolate granola
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Before opening, use your hands to crush 1 package (11 oz) Nature Valley™ protein oats 'n dark chocolate crunchy granola in the bag and ensure large pieces are broken up; set aside. In large bowl, mix 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter and 1/3 cup honey until thoroughly mixed.
- Open granola, and add to bowl, along with 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Use wooden spoon to gently mix until evenly coated.
- With small cookie scoop, drop small mounds onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Use your hands to reshape into balls, if necessary. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- If mixture is too soft to scoop, place bowl in refrigerator 30 minutes to firm up before scooping onto cookie sheet.
- These are a great road trip snack to keep in a cooler in your car!
1 Serving Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g); Protein 8g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2