Cranberry Almond Granola Muffins
Make muffins outdoor-ready with this almond, cranberry and granola-heavy recipe.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total: 40 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 180
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg product or 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Nature Valley™ cranberry almond protein granola
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Coarse sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat milk, oil, egg product and almond extract with spoon. Stir in flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in cranberries and granola.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Top with almonds and coarse sugar.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Cool on cooling rack.
1 Muffin Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2