Toffee Crunch Snack Mix
This five-ingredient snack mix is simple and sweet enough for any hiking trail.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 370
- 3 cups Nature Valley™ oats & dark chocolate protein granola
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place granola and pecans on foil.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar to rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over granola mixture; gently toss to evenly coat.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool 1 hour. Break into pieces.
- Transfer mixture to bowl; add chocolate chips, and toss to combine. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
- Use butterscotch chips in place of the chocolate chips.
12 servings (1/2 cup each)
1/2 Cup Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g); Protein 7g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2